Four Sessions 7pm - 9pm - Nov 3, 10, 17, 25|
6 Whitewash Head Road
Seasons for Growth
A short course made up of four 2 hour sessions to help us navigate these changes in a creative and positive way.
Time & Location
Four Sessions 7pm - 9pm - Nov 3, 10, 17, 25
6 Whitewash Head Road, 6 Whitewash Head Road, Scarborough, Christchurch 8081, New Zealand
About the event
As the Seekers used to sing, “For everything there is a season. And a time for every purpose under heaven” Ecclesiastes 3 from the Bible. “A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to mourn and a time to dance….
Change, loss and grief are part of our life-cycle.
Even at an early age, we experience changes in school and friends, loss of grandparents and pets.
As young people, we often experience changes in housing, relationships and jobs, losses of course opportunities, hopes and dreams.
In later years many experience disruption and loss of work, loss relationships with family and friends.. Health and disability for oneself or one’s partner cause change to lifestyle. We may end up shifting to a retirement village or rest home
The emotions and process of the journey have similarities throughout the Seasons of Life.
There is a saying, “ Suffering is inevitable, but misery is optional.”
Seasons is a short course made up of four 2 hour sessions to help us navigate these changes in a creative and positive way.
The Seasons Course aims
- to help people grow through their journey of loss and grief
- encouraging insight and dialogue through personal interaction with others
- to restore hope and fullness of life while adjusting to a new normal
- promote understanding of grief and the process of forgiveness
- coming to treasure the memories
- moving from thinking; “if only” to “I can grow and find a way”
The activities are interesting and varied (and optional)
- learning about grief from the writings of W. J. Worden. - ice breakers and fun games
-listening to others experiences -talking -drawing
-collecting seasonal objects, symbols and pictures
-watching DVD clips - hand outs
- writing in the journal and workbook
To REGISTER, please contact Sister Eveleen Retreat House: (E) firstname.lastname@example.org (P) 022 563 6879